Choices and Rights is an organisation run and controlled exclusively by disabled people in the Hull and East Riding area. We believe that the best experts on the needs of disabled people are disabled people themselves and, as a result, Choices and Rights membership and reputation has grown because agencies and organisations know that when they seek consultation with us they will have dialogue with a delegation of disabled people.
What do We Do?
- Campaign on a wide variety of disability issues
- Run and manage the Hull and East Riding Centre for Independent Living (CIL), providing information, advice and a range of services for disabled people, their families and service providers.
- Provide consultancy and advice to other organisations in the voluntary, statutory and private sector, both locally and nationally.
- Provide a regular email newsletter as well as a wide range of information and resource packs.
- We’re recognised as the leading local organisation on the Equality Act (Disability). We are able to offer support and advice on the Act in relation to disability.
- Organise conferences, workshops and forums so that disabled people can be informed of new developments and have an opportunity to voice opinions face-to-face.